Friday, September 4, 2009

Full Moon Spando Thrust ???


Here is a screenshot of the s&p eminis (ES 60 minute) annotated with a spattering of lunar points of interest, projected tidal turns and even some quick and dirty trend lines. I guess the more technical folks might call the smaller trend envelope a running correction or a consolidation pattern.....but what of the larger envelope? Is it possible that we are inside of a larger degree spando (courtesy of Don Wolanchuk) of some sort? Now, let it be known that although I do own a technical background, I am by no means a master of technical analysis, not even close. I know there are rules and regulations and proper techniques in the world of market technical analysis....far beyond the scope of this blog...but, I'm just thinking out loud here and considering.


I've also "projected" a couple of weeks ahead here.....with options expiration coming up shortly, it should be interesting to see how this resolves. Others are of the opinion that we should see a high coming into September 18th, which coincidentally corresponds to both a new moon and options expirations. My tide data suggests otherwise, but I could be fairly easily convinced that a run up right past the 9-11 date does occur and we end closing even higher on the 18th, especially the way this market feels right now....we shall sea...:)


Just a note about future interpretation of data. My goal will generally be to project turning points and trends based upon my raw data. In my opinion, there is something meaningful and a direct correlation between the tides and the markets. However, there are times when that correlation seems to go down the tubes so to speak. Nothing's perfect....certainly the injection of other's opinions and other methodologies makes perfect sense.


3 comments:

humble1 said...

great site!

please keep updating in. moons are a very important part of my trading system.

regards,

humble1

humble1 said...

oops: in = it. i do so rely on the edit button.

;)

moons are a very importnt part of my swing trading system and i would like very much to see how tides work into it. i will share some of my turn dates (the first being the 9/18) and see how close they hit, if at all.

regards,

humble1

mOOrso said...

thanks humble. I'll be keeping this blog as a log of the tide turn dates as we go and plan on mixing in some eccentric other stuff as well....in search of that eluvise holy grail...its what keeps our interest peaked I guess, huh? Yes, please do post your turns...one of these days I'll need to add Gann and more work on Fibs...part of the process, but for now I will concentrate on the tides.

moorso